Services for Pupil Barristers
As a pupil barrister starting out at the Bar, you’ll have your hands full. BarTax can advise you from the outset, so you’ll always know what is required and when. We will advise you on Tax, VAT and other statutory requirements to ensure you start off on the right footing.
Your first year’s MTD Service is FREE*
This reflects our desire to build a long-term relationship with you based on understanding your practice requirements. Our FREE MTD Service includes your tax return, bookkeeping, accounts and VAT only. Should you require any additional services, please ask for a quotation. After your free year, you’ll benefit from competitive rates, underpinned by exemplary knowledge of your specialist sector and a commitment to providing a first class accountancy service. After your FREE year, the fee payable will be based on your annual income.
We recognise that as a busy barrister in training, you’ll want direct access to an accountant. That’s why we’ve ensured we are always there when you need us – even outside normal business hours. We believe it’s this added value approach and our commitment to tailor our service to your precise requirements that makes us the first choice for pupil barristers.
Pupil Barristers Checklist
As a pupil, there are a number of tasks that you will need to consider in order to comply with tax and VAT requirements. The checklist below highlights the key areas you may need to address.
Key areas you may need to address. Call us for FREE advice and guidance on 01625 268482.
- Register as self employed (for tax & National Insurance)
- Register for VAT and schemes available
- How much to save for tax and when to pay.
- HMRC’s Self Assessment regime and accounting requirements
- Financial planning & organisation
Get in touch with BarTax today
To find out more about how BarTax barristers accounts service can support you or to discuss any questions you may have, please call us on 01625 268482 or send us an email.
* To qualify for our MTD Service introductory offer, clients must use our services for a minimum of 2 years. In the second year, our standard charges apply. The FREE service includes your tax return, bookkeeping, accounts and VAT only. Additional services will incur a charge.